When interviewing an agent to help you sell your home, here are the 10 questions you must ask them before hiring them:
- How many homes will you and your team sell this year? This allows you to see their proven success. Our team, for example, will sell 300 homes in 2018.
- How many homes did you sell last year? We sold 181 homes last year, so you can see how asking this question after the previous one gives you a chance to see how our team is growing and getting a lot of referrals from our clients.
- What’s your list-to-sales price ratio? In other words, if you listed your home for $200,000, how much can you anticipate walking away with? The typical agent in our market averages a 95.7% list-to-sale price ratio. On our team, the average is 98.9%.
- How long does it take you to sell a house? Here in Southwest Indiana, it takes agents an average of 62 days to sell a home. Agents on our team average just 30 days.
- Do you have a proven marketing strategy? In our case, of course we have a proven strategy, otherwise, we wouldn’t be able to sell 300 homes.
- What does your marketing plan consist of? Our marketing plan is a proven 151-point system, and if you want the full details of how it works, go ahead and reach out to us and we’d be happy to share it with you.
- Are you an expert negotiator? Our list-to-sales price ratio proves that we know how to negotiate. As a seller, your home is one of your largest assets, and you need to protect the equity you’ve built up in it.
- Do you have a lead management system? Your agent will need to have a lead management system that can follow up with anyone who inquires about your home.
- Do you have any preferred lenders you work with? Why is this important if you’re a seller? I’m sure if your agent kept calling you and asking to show your home to buyers who couldn’t afford the home to begin with, that would get annoying. If you work with us, we make sure all potential buyers who’re interested in your home are pre-qualified and pre-approved before they even look inside it.
- Are you a single agent or are you a part of a team? It can be difficult for a single agent to handle all the different parts of a real estate transaction. If your potential agent is a part of a team, ask them what their staff consists of and how it functions.
For example, our team is a staff of 11 people who all specialize in different tasks. We have listing partners who work with sellers to make sure the marketing and feedback is happening like it’s supposed to, and we have buyer specialists who’re available to show your home, meet with buyers, get them pre-approved, and ultimately help make sure an offer is made on your home. We also have an office support staff who makes sure the marketing is being done properly and a transaction coordinator who checks all the paperwork.
How your potential agent answers each one of these questions will help you determine whether they can represent your best interests and sell your home for the most money with the least amount of hassle.
If you have any other questions about finding the right agent or you’d like a free market analysis, don’t hesitate to give us a call. My team and I would love to help you.