There are five steps all homeowners must take to prepare their properties for the winter months. Let’s discuss each of them.
The weather is cooling off and winter is well on its way. This means it’s time to start preparing your home for the season ahead, and there are five crucial steps you must take as you do so:
1. Remove the hoses from your outdoor hydrants. Neglecting to do so could cause them to freeze over.
2. Close or put insulation over the vents in your crawl space on especially cold days. This will help keep your pipes from freezing.
3. Clean out your gutters. Neglecting to do this could lead to costly repairs down the line.
4. Change your air filter regularly and get your furnace serviced annually. Taking this step will be critical in keeping your furnace in great shape and in keeping your home warm and cozy through the winter months.
5. Get your chimney inspected once a year. If you have a chimney, especially a wood-fire one, then regular check-ups are a must.
If you have any other questions or would like more information about anything related to home maintenance, you can get in touch with one of our team’s trusted vendors: Marty Fisher of Fisher Total Maintenance. Marty can be reached by phone at (812) 250-1456. You can also visit the Fisher Total Maintenance website here.
And, as always, if you’d like to speak with me or my team about anything related to real estate, we’re always here to help. Don’t hesitate to get in touch. We look forward to hearing from you soon.