Today, I’d like to talk to you about getting your home ready to sell. The spring season is coming up fast, and this is the time when there seems to be a big flood of homes hitting the market. If you’re getting ready to put your home on the market, here are a few tips you can use to sell your home quicker and for a higher price.
1. Curb appeal. First impressions are important, so make sure the exterior of your home is in good shape. Clean up the dead leaves and trim your landscaping. It’s always a good idea to add some color, so plant fresh, vibrant flowers in neat beds. Additionally, clean the exterior of the house by power washing your siding and clearing out your gutters and soffits.
2. Decluttering. Clear out spare items you have laying around the house, including things on countertops, in cabinets, and any toys your kids might have left lying around.
3. Depersonalize. If you have pictures of your family hanging from the walls, it will be difficult for buyers to visualize themselves living in the home.
4. Deep cleaning. Vacuum, sweep, and mop your floors, and give everything a good dusting.
5. Minor projects. If your home is dated, something easy that you can do in order to sell the home quickly is to remove wallpaper. Buyers tend to be put off by wallpaper, knowing how hard it can be to remove. We can recommend a couple contractors who are very affordable to remove it for you. Instead of wallpaper, paint your home using neutral colors.
If you have any questions about getting your home ready to sell, feel free to reach out to us. We can come take a look at your home and create a personalized plan for you.