Why wait until spring when you can sell right now? Let’s look at all the great benefits for listing in fall and winter.
Many people say you should definitely wait to sell your home until spring arrives, but that’s simply not true. There are plenty of reasons why you can easily sell during fall or winter. Here are the benefits of selling now:
- Fewer homes on the market. Because there’s less inventory, buyers have less to choose from. This leads to less competition and more bidding wars—driving your price higher and higher!
- Job transfers. Most corporations transfer employees around the end of the year. So people who are relocating for their new position are needing to find a home before January or whenever the job begins.
- Buyers are motivated. Most people don’t want to look at homes in the cold if they’re merely looking around. This means those who are out there are definitely determined in finding a place.
- Tax reasons. Some people are needing a home before the new year for tax purposes.
- The holidays. Homes typically show better when potential buyers see them dressed in holiday decoration. Emotions are often high during the holidays, and buyers can easily fall in love with your home and offer higher prices to ensure they get it.
For these reasons, fall and winter are actually excellent times to consider selling your home. If you want to sell or would like to know what your home is worth, feel free to give us a call at 812-777-4611. We look forward to hearing from you soon.